Password Reset Request
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to Northwestern State University and introduce you to the availability of online services that will benefit you as a new student. A quick synopsis of each service and its related benefits is provided below.
1. User Accounts – All students receive a user account name and password that enables access to a single sign-on (SSO) environment for all online services. The username format is derived from the following convention:
first initial + up to 13 characters of last name + last 6 digits of Campus Wide ID (CWID)
Example: vdemon456789 - Victor Demon with CWID 123456789
Usernames can be retrieved via: https://my.nsula.edu and click on Forgot Username
Your initial password will be Demons + six digit date of birth - Example: Demons120184. During your first login to myNSU, you will be asked to answer five (5) security questions and set a new password. You will need to remember your security question answers in order to reset a forgotten password. Students will use this new form of identification to access all online services such as myNSU, Moodle, Microsoft Office 365 (email), the wireless network, computer labs, and library databases.
2. myNSU – This portal provides access to all personal, financial, and academic information. The portal will also provide click through access to online services such as Moodle, Microsoft Office 365 (email), and NSUConnect. https://my.nsula.edu
3. Moodle – Moodle, the University's Learning Management System (LMS), is used when taking classes online. https://moodle.nsula.edu
4. Student Email – The University uses Microsoft Office 365. This service provides each student with a 25GB mailbox, 7GB of file storage on SkyDrive Pro and access to web versions of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote. Students have the benefit of receiving email on the following supported mobile devices: Apple iOS, Google Android, and Windows Mobile. To set up email on your mobile device visit the student helpdesk website, http://helpdesk.nsula.edu, for more information call 318-357-6696 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic Records– For assistance with academic records found in myNSU, please contact the Registrars’ Office at 318-357-6171 or email@example.com.
Thank you for choosing Northwestern State University! We hope you have a great semester!
Information Systems, Student Technology, and ECE
The Help Desk provides assistance for Northwestern students.
Our goal is to serve as a main contact for students to obtain support with issues such as computer hardware and software problems, account access, and network connectivity.
Student Technology labs follow the NSU academic calendar. The labs do not open on any weekend that precedes or follows a scheduled student break and do not reopen until the official date and time that classes resume.
Student Web Printing
Web Printing is a service to enable printing for laptop, wireless and unauthenticated users without the need to install print drivers. Submitted print jobs will be held in the print queue of the chosen printer for one hour before being deleted. Please ask the lab worker to release your job when you arrive at the lab. Print jobs are available during the lab's normal operating hours.
File types that can be used for web printing include Microsoft Word (.doc & .docx), Microsoft Excel (.xls & .xlsx), Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt & .pptx), Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and Microsoft Document Writer files (.xps).
Please click HERE to submit your print job.
Microsoft Office available free for Students
Produce professional-looking reports and research papers effortlessly
Organize & report important information with easy-to-use database tools
Create a budget and keep your expenses on track
Collect all your information in one easy-to-find place
Stay connected to your world with powerful email and calendar tools
Create professional-quality newsletters and brochures
Turn your ideas into great-looking presentations
* Only available for Windows.
Open Instructions for Microsoft Office download.
Microsoft Software available with an Academic Discount
All Microsoft Software with an Academic Discount are available by visiting the Microsoft Student Store
NOTE: All software is purchased through the Microsoft Student Store. NSU cannot provide assistance for purchases or downloads of Microsoft software. Please contact Microsoft directly for assistance.
Download Compatible Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version for Moodle.
Download Respondus LockDown Browser for use with tests in Moodle.
Campus Areas with Wireless Access
|Campus Buildings with Wireless||Outdoor Hotspots|
|Alumni||New Fine Arts
||Front of Russell
|Bienvenu||Prather Coliseum||Between the Fine Arts Buildings
||Between Fournet, Kyser & Williamson
|Family & Consumer Sciences (FACS)||Russell||Between FACS, Fournet & Morrison
||Front of the Field House
||Teacher's Education Center (TEC)
|Health & Human Performance (HHP)